Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre
HONOURING OUR JC SURVIVORS.
The JCCC will host an afternoon to celebrate and honor current and past JCCC members who are JC Survivors with their families and friends.
This event will provide the opportunity for the seniors to:
- socialize and re-connect with other senior friends and members of our community
- reminisce and share stories of their lives with family members and friends
- view archival photos highlighting their pre-war life to post-war times
- enjoy the entertainment provided JC Survivors would be accompanied by their families who would be encouraged to include their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Bringing this intergenerational group together provides the opportunity for families to learn more about their parents’, grandparents’, great-grandparents’ lives and history. This is an opportunity to create new understandings about their family history and lives, the history of Japanese Canadians in general, and offers to be a memorable time for all.
We also feel that due to the Covid restrictions these past few years, many families and friends have not been able to get together and socialize. This has exacerbated the isolation of individuals from community in general, JCCC events, clubs, and volunteering. This event provides the impetus for re-connecting and socializing with both family and friends and bringing our community together again.
The project plans will include, but is not limited to:
- displays with photos and artefacts,
- stories of internment.