Japanese Cultural Association of Manitoba Inc. - Horizon Club
SURVIVORS ACCESSIBILITY PROGRAM.
Some of the elderly seniors are confined to their homes and unable to participate in community events because of a lack of transportation, mobility issues, accessibility to venues, physical activities or the lack of finances. In order for these survivors to benefit from the Health and Wellness Fund, JCAM on behalf of the Horizon’s Club request funding to assist with following:
- Transportation Fund for use by survivors who do not have a vehicle or someone close who can bring them to the Centre for activities such as Horizons lunch and other cultural activities. There are number of shut-ins because of transportation problems and unable to attend. JCAM can make arrangements with one of the taxi companies and develop an account with them. The Horizons’ Club will identify individuals in need of this service. Provide support for individuals until the fund are depleted.
- Equipment: Purchase a transport chair to be available at the Cultural centre for the use by survivors who are physically handicapped as they attend functions.
- Fitness Activities: Cover the cost for an instructor to provide a weekly fitness program such as tai chi or yoga for the Horizons Club members.
- Bento on Wheels Project: Provide a monthly lunch for shut-ins (those who can’t get out). A list of shut-ins was developed by the Horizon’s Club and arrangements for delivery will be made for a period of 10 – 12 months.
- Listing ID: 1524
- Primary Applicant: Japanese Cultural Association of Manitoba Inc. - Horizon Club
- Event or Completion Date: Friday, June 30, 2023
- Approved Amount: $10,000
- Location: Winnipeg, MB