Momiji Health Care Society jointly with Greater Toronto Chapter, National Association of Japanese Canadians
ASSISTED BATHING PROJECT.
This project will include the purchase of a new bath tub and lift to be used by Momiji’s tenants, many who are survivors.
While each apartment contains a bathroom with a tub/shower, there are special bathrooms provided on two of the seven tenant floors that can be used by PSWs to assist the frailer tenants with bathing. The tubs in these designated bathrooms are approximately 15 years old and unfortunately one is broken and one is leaking. The tubs are walk-in tubs so anyone with mobility issues cannot easily use them. In addition, there is no belt to secure the tenant so he/she must be able to sit up by him/herself. The new tub and lift will be ideal for frailer seniors, including those who are bed-ridden who currently can only benefit from a sponge bath. The lift is matched to the bathtub. We will be purchasing the AVERO Premium Plus tub which has been developed for the safety and comfort of the client and caregiver. This modern tub is reliable, aesthetically pleasing and made using high quality materials. Its ergonomic interior design made from Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP) lets clients enjoy a safe bathing experience. Other features include:
- Chrome grab handles that give the resident additional leverage and support.
- Accessible from three sides as well as underneath for use with a variety of lifting systems.
- Does not need to be fixed to the floor.
- A disinfection system for maximum protection against cross contamination. The hand shower and disinfectant container area are secured behind the control areas, away from the client’s reach.
The SENTA PUR L Bath and Shower Lift is easy to operate, versatile and universally applicable. The lift’s high-quality materials, including stainless steel and aluminum showcase a superior visual appearance and a long-life cycle. Other features include:
- Easy handling
- Seating and reposing area made out of skin friendly material
- Aluminum and stainless steel, powder-coated
- Unrestricted use in the shower
- Lifting range (low/high): 520 mm / 1,220 mm (20.47 in/ 48 in)
- Maximum patient weight: 150 kg / 330 lbs